Re: [Asrg] misconception in SPF

2012-12-07 15:32:22
Hi Paul,
At 11:33 07-12-2012, Paul Smith wrote:
Do people really send messages with a return path of 'noreply@example'? Or, do you mean that people use a return path of 'noreply@<their own domain>'?

I used "example" as an example. I misunderstood what you meant by reply. I was referring to what's used as the author address.

I don't recall whether noreply@example is used in the envelope for delivery failures (assuming valid messages). There are valid messages with an invalid Return-Path. This may due to some assumptions about how email works.

With the former, I'd expect a large number of those messages to be blocked/discarded (it's common to do call back verification, or just simply check that the sender domain

Call-back verification can be used to trigger a Denial of Service.

Regards,
-sm