Re: [Asrg] misconception in SPF

2012-12-10 08:22:39
On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 6:39 PM, Christian Grunfeld
<christian(_dot_)grunfeld(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

At my institution I have told my users to check mail headers whenever
possible.

Not a very scalable solution for the community at large even if it
were a good use of their time.

They are physicists ... the ones who invented the www time
ago, so they have some skill level to do it. I always told them: do
not believe in what you see in the From: also check the envelope and
any hop in between ! ....but what will I say them when they´ll see
mails "comming" from a subdomain of the real domain that the mail
claims to be from and no checks failed?

Is manually checking email headers a very good use of their time? How
much does a physicist at CERN get paid? Are they trained at
identifying forged headers?

Mike