Re: [Asrg] An Anti-Spam Heuristic

2012-12-14 06:04:51
Internet Research Task Force,
Anti-Spam Research Group,
Martijn Grooten,
Rich Kulawiec,

Greetings. Earlier in our discussion, the ITU WCIT conference in Dubai was
mentioned, and I would like to express my opinion to you that, like many
scientists, I oppose regulation of the Internet and of the Web, by either the
United States or the United Nations.  Some participants at the ITU WCIT
conference did broach spam topics and there were concerns about regulatory
approaches.

I agree with what Rich Kulawiec said about the value to society of the numerous
mailing lists of scientists addressing the spam problems, including the IRTF
Anti-Spam Research Group, and I agree with Martijn Grooten's indication that
the anti-spam industry / community has been doing well at blocking spam and
working to address and to solve any remaining spam problems. Science, not
regulation, is where solutions come from.

Kind regards,

Adam Sobieski