[ietf-clear] callback vs. pk costs

2004-10-04 11:22:52
On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 14:56:59 -0500, Seth Goodman wrote:
 The real issue, IMO, is how does a callback scheme compare to
 a PK scheme in terms of total transaction cost and how the
 cost is allocated. This is a basic architectural decision
 that is worth thinking about.  They are two different models,
 each with advantages and disadvantages.  To avoid the issue
 of creating new infrastructure and to create an equitable
 comparison, I suggest that we assume that both run over
 existing DNS, perhaps with the option of using Tony's "stunt"
 DNS server, since this still uses existing infrastructure.
 Once we have made that architectural choice, there are all
 manner of optimizations possible for either style of protocol.

 Dave:  would it be appropriate to shift the discussion to
 that question?

sure.

d/
--