[ietf-clear] Accreditation and Reputation

2004-10-05 07:28:59
 I was attempting to describe a means of indicating an
 affiliation with a group ensuring adherence to some level of
 practice.

ahh.  ok.

listee (sending smtp client) explicitly cites the accreditation
service.  hence, receiving smtp server knows there will be an
entry at that service.

This group could be the reputation service or some
 other entity.

I think you are trying to create a more general mechanism than I
had assumed we were doing.  In effect, what you are describing
leaves ALL the semantics to each reporting agency.  That might be
useful but it is also going to be more ambiguous.

I have been assuming that this initial reporting mechanism needs
to be as simple and straight-forward as we can make it.  In order
to reduce ambiguity, make utility straightforward and, hopefully,
gain quick adoption and use.

I have been suggesting a 5-value range, rather than 3-value, only
because my guess is that 3-value is to Procrustean.  That is, I
suspect this space needs a bit more flexibility than an ATM
transaction approval mechanism.

d/
--
Dave Crocker