[ietf-clear] Re: Make CSV backwards compatible with legacy SPF records?

2004-10-25 12:27:59
I was thinking about my using SPF records idea, and noted a new hurdle.
I realized that even if we assume such records can sometimes be used as
a stand-in for missing CSA* records, we still will have no DNA* records.
Analagous records will exist if  Accreditation and Reputation services
(A&R services? ARS? AR?) pop up that work with SPF records, but for good
reasons that Doug has outlined, such services are relatively infeasible,
compared to A&R services that work with CSV records, so it's no surprise
that none have popped up.  There is a very large set of SPF records out
there, but AFAIK, the set of A&R services that work with SPF records is
empty.

(I'm making an implicit assumption here: A&R services can't reasonably
assign a good reputation to a bare domain; rather they can only do so to
a tuple of a domain and a scheme for Identification and Authentication.
They also can't reliably assign a bad reputation to a domain without
referencing a good scheme for Identification and Authentication.  Folks
think this is a valid assumption?)

Things are awfully quiet.  I guess a lot is going on in private DT
discussions and such...

*I created an acronym/Glossary at
http://wiki.fastmail.fm/wiki/index.php/ClientSmtpValidation#Acronyms .
Comments?
Please add the definition missing a term.

(Thread moved from MARID)

Matthew said:

Let's agree to disagree and move on.  (Or at least let's move this
thread to
<http://mipassoc.org/ietf-clear/>) - Please reply there; I won't post
further here on this thread [assuming you do respect that request].)