[ietf-clear] Re: "Ignore Target"

2004-10-13 14:25:02
Ok that makes sense!  It would be nice if there was something in the
spec that would make it possible to learn the purpose of the field
without ESP.
Something like:
"In order to avoid a widespread DNS implementation bug, an empty list is
not specified as ".". Instead it is hereby specified that the Ignore
Target bit be set to indicate that the CSV record authorizes no use."

BTW, I suggest wording because I believe that if you're going to
complain about a spec, you should try to suggest a change that would
address the complaint.  I'm happy to see it replaced (as you did my last
suggested text.)  :)