[clear] CSV adoption appears to have stalled.

2005-11-18 09:48:55
I recently posted the following comment to a circle-ID article:

    For what it is worth, earlier this week I did a survey of 135k domains
    used in the SMTP HELO command. I found over 3750 domains with SPF
    records at the HELO level, while I found only 24 CSV records. (The
    number of records is more than the number of domain owners because
    there are often several MTA hostnames per main domain name. For
    example, the 24 CSV records were published by just 5 domain
    owners. There were probably only 2500-3000 domain owners publishing
    SPF records, although some of those domains send a huge amount of
    email.)

I realize that there hasn't been any traffic on this list for around
two months, but I thought I would give an update on my latest survey
of deployed CSV and SPF/HELO records.

Since August, CSV publication has increased from 24 domains to 26
domains.  SPF records at the HELO domain have increased from ~3750 to
~4650.  This survey was done *after* the MAAWG meeting where an entire
session was dedicated to CSV.

-wayne