RE: [ietf-dkim] Not exactly not a threat analysis

2005-08-15 08:36:16

[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Jon Callas

I'm not trying to be twee when I phrase it this way. The reason I am
phrasing things this way is that mentioning words like "spam" and
"phishing" seems to be a sure-fire way to rathole a discussion about
DKIM.

Absolutely, if DKIM is promoted as an anti-phishing solution it has to
at minimum demonstrate that it will be a useful control against the
threat of brand impersonation.

If DKIM is promoted as an anti-spam solution there is the unfortunate
precedents of ASRG and MARID (and no this is not an attack against you
John, ASRG headed south a long time earlier).