Re: [ietf-dkim] Not exactly not a threat analysis

2005-08-16 12:43:03
This might be a concise and accurate statement of what DKIM is trying
to do , but it's not a good basis with which to start a threat
analysis.  If you try to use it as a basis for a threat analysis you
will be trying to define the problem in terms of a proposal for a
solution.

True.  I was thinking that I would compare DKIM vs. other signature
schemes like S/MIME and PGP to see what problems it solves that they
don't, since that's presumably the threats that need to be addressed.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet
for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://iecc.com/johnl, Mayor