Re: [ietf-dkim] Inclusion of RCPT TO in signed content

2005-08-25 09:03:26
On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Jim Fenton wrote:

In addition to requiring that all MTAs, everywhere, stop sending messages with
multiple RCPT TO addresses, especially if some of the addresses are not listed
in the To: or Cc: headers, doesn't this break signatures that pass through
transparent forwarders?  I have always considered it a major feature of
DK/IIM/DKIM that transparent forwarding continues to work as-is.

I think the idea is to use it as an auditing feature. In Mr Vendetta's
direct reputation attack, example.com could offer as an excuse "look, I
only sent it to (this set of people)".

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
BISCAY: WEST 5 OR 6 BECOMING VARIABLE 3 OR 4. SHOWERS AT FIRST. MODERATE OR