[ietf-dkim] Inclusion of RCPT TO in signed content

2005-08-25 08:54:47
Doug,

I'm addressing this to you because as I recall you have been one of the main proponents of including RCPT TO in the set of things that is signed. Apologies if this has already been covered, but:

In addition to requiring that all MTAs, everywhere, stop sending messages with multiple RCPT TO addresses, especially if some of the addresses are not listed in the To: or Cc: headers, doesn't this break signatures that pass through transparent forwarders? I have always considered it a major feature of DK/IIM/DKIM that transparent forwarding continues to work as-is.

One or the other of these issues seems like it would be a showstopper for this idea.

-Jim