[ietf-dkim] Re: Feedback in charter

2005-08-27 01:24:03
Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

If we do propose a maintenance model we develop a very clear
advantage over SPF.

Unlikely, because the error handling was improved, all newer
SPF implementations will "PermError" syntax errors.  But it
was a major PITA to get this into the draft, because not all
old implementations did it.

I can only recommend to follow your advice here, there's no
reason to repeat this (now long fixed) SPF error:

I don't think that the error reporting needs to be very
fancy or involve new protocol.
[...]
Just a small amount of feedback can dramatically improve
the workability of the protocol.

                         Bye, Frank