RE: [ietf-dkim] Purpose and sequence forDKIM specificationand deployment

2005-08-29 15:46:48

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

Lets stick to the case where the sender describes what they do.

'Authorization' is a term of art. DKIM does not contain any data that
meets the established term of art.

Also, does DKIM provide an authentication platform or an
authorization
platform?

Authentication.

To me authentication is a a stronger security term to describe specification then authorization and I do not see DKIM meeting
such a criteria. At best I can see it doing authorization for
identity of the domain name where public key has been retrieved
from. But that is far from saying that it meets criteria to be
able to show authorization of the message sender.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks