Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: signature construct

2005-10-14 10:34:05
Well, this is definitely a topic for the WG but if we're contemplating
rejecting the message during the SMTP session itself, my MTA is already
doing that but, of course, it has to go through the DATA phase first.  If
you want to reject prior to DATA us MTA vendors should implement on an SMTP
extension that fetches the headers only (there is one - I think) ?

Nope.  You're probably confusing SMTP and NNTP.  With SMTP either you
accept the entire message, body and headers, or nothing.

Since you have to read through the whole body anyway, I don't see much
advantage to a two-stage hash and sign strategy.

R's,
John