Re: [ietf-dkim] A plea to the silent amongst us

2005-11-01 14:02:17
On 11/01/2005 15:41, Arvel Hathcock wrote:
I'm new to the IETF process but I've had the amazing good fortune of having
excellent guides.  They've encouraged me to speak up when I've had
something to say and I want to pass that advice on to whomever might be
lurking on this list or who may be planning to attend the BoF in silence.
I don't know how many of you there are out there but please speak out (or
post here) concerning the formation of a WG for DKIM.

Personally, I'm hoping that we will demonstrate a consensus to do so.  This
is really the point of the upcoming BoF in my view.  Endless technical
debate is, in a way, irrelevant at this juncture.  DKIM is here to stay due
to the unprecedented industry muscle backing it.  IETF can play an
important and constructive role in perfecting and debugging this
technology.  This is what we're being asked to do.  Let's form a WG and get
started.

I won't hestitate to say that I think there should be a working group.  I
don't get the impression that anyone on the list is saying there shouldn't
be.

WRT "DKIM is here to stay due to the unprecedented industry muscle backing
it", I'd say that roughly the same thing was said about Microsoft and it's
partners WRT Sender ID.  I'm not sure that one's going to work out that way.

Scott K