[ietf-dkim] The Forwarding Project

2005-11-20 21:04:02
At the CEAS conference in July I came up with the idea of a forwarding project to help test DKIM-style signatures. Every time a message goes through a forwarder or remailer, it gets mutated a little, and the idea is to arrange to send test messages through a bunch of different forwarders to see what happens to them. Since this is an ASRG activity, this will allow people to do RESEARCH on the effectiveness and reliability of candidate header/body signature schemes.

After only four short months, I have set the project up at http://forward.sp.am. You can send test messages and see what happens to them after they're forwarded. If there's interest, I will arrange to for downloads and to remail messages to users after they register.

At the moment, I only have two forwarders, a qmail and a sendmail. If you'd like to volunteer a forwarder, drop me a line. All you need to set up is a single address that forwards back to an address I specify.

Regards,