Re: [ietf-dkim] SSP security relies upon the visual domain appearance

2005-11-21 11:32:04

On Nov 21, 2005, at 10:08 AM, Jim Schaad wrote:
In my mail I explicity said that reviewing the goals of SSP is NOT part of this document. I said that an appendix could explain what SSP is and how it might be used to extend the base document. I think that SSP needs to do
it's own version of the same document.

Jim,

I was looking at section D of your email. The binding recognition strategy being suggested adds binding advice within a base draft. This approach does not rely upon _any_ element of SSP. The ability to defeat spoofing would be greatly improved while not relying upon the visual examination of email identifiers for each message received.

-Doug