Re: [ietf-dkim] New Issue: 4.2 needs new Attack Item: Inconsistent Signature vs Policy Attacks

2006-01-30 16:00:08

Hector Santos wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Farrell" <stephen(_dot_)farrell(_at_)cs(_dot_)tcd(_dot_)ie>
To: "Hector Santos" <hsantos(_at_)santronics(_dot_)com>

Note - I don't think we should get into solutions in the threats
draft, though the considerations from Tony's mail should come back
up for discussion later.

Unbelievable. :-)

Believe it:-) But I can see how "get into" above might be
misunderstood.

> The TA is full of functional recommendations.

Sure. I'd have no problem if it said "one possibility is to
include the policy assertion alongside the public key and
require some restriction as to how domains map" or whatever
is the right thing to say.

What I meant was that this (document) isn't the time (place)
to decide details of such e.g whether an actual assertion
or a pointer would be alongside.

So I don't think we're really disagreeing.

Stephen.