RE: [ietf-dkim] New Issue: 4.2 needs new Attack Item: InconsistentSignature vs Policy Attacks

2006-01-31 11:20:33
Sorry,
Should have been clearer.

Bad guy sends a message purportedly from cox.com with a header

The non dkim compliant mta who hasn't deployed dkim yet or knowing much
about it places a rule stating that signed messages should be allowed to
travel inbound without further checking because dkim is new and safe.

A dkim compliant mta will do a dip on my dns records and find no ssp or
dk record and drop the message as non compliant.

I suspect that in the beginning there will be a lot more of the former
than the latter.

Bill Oxley
Messaging Engineer
Cox Communications, Inc.