Re: [ietf-dkim] New Issue: 4.2 needs new Attack Item: InconsistentSignature vs Policy Attacks

2006-01-31 11:36:58

The non dkim compliant mta who hasn't deployed dkim yet or knowing much
about it places a rule stating that signed messages should be allowed to
travel inbound without further checking because dkim is new and safe.

non-dkim compliant, but nonetheless makes a policy decision based on the presence -- and not even the validity -- of a signature?

that sort of receive-side behavior seems sufficiently misguided that I can't imagine a need to protect against it by our work.

A dkim compliant mta will do a dip on my dns records and find no ssp or
dk record and drop the message as non compliant.

if the signature succeeds, why do they need to check ssp?

d/
--

Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking