[ietf-dkim] Re: New Issue: Threat-00 Limiting the scope of trust

2006-02-01 23:28:27
Douglas Otis quoted:

,---
| 1.  Introduction
| Once the attesting party or parties have been established, the
| recipient may evaluate the message in the context of additional
| information such as locally-maintained whitelists, shared reputation
| services, and/or third-party accreditation.  The description of these
| mechanisms is outside the scope of this effort.  By applying a
| signature, a good player enables a verifier to associate a positive
| reputation with the message, in hopes that it will receive
| preferential treatment by the recipient.
'---

Thanks for pointing that out, it's wrong:  A player, good, bad,
or ugly, enables a verifier to associate any kind of reputation
with the message, not only positive.  DKIM will backfire and
hopefully educate some of the more ugly players.  I like that.

                          Bye, Frank