Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: New Issue: TLD key publication and signing

2006-02-21 08:32:28
Dave Crocker wrote:
As much as I would like to completely dismiss any DNS-"related" attack
to the DNS realm, and not DKIM's, I think your point is well-taken and should be documented, for the reason you give.

That said, I suggest a rather simple note:

The nature of the DNS hierarchy gives quite a bit of power to any domain up the hierarchy.

Once one has the ability to redirect the entire subtree to different servers, the rest of the attacks by a parent (or above) become quibbles.

It should be noted that the only thing this affects is SSP.
A delegation cannot be overridden for selectors with the
exception of gross manipulation of NS records which is not
a dkim specific threat.

                Mike
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to http://dkim.org/ietf-list-rules.html