Re: [ietf-dkim] issue with DKIM simple header algorithm and milter-based implementations

2006-02-21 09:37:53
Tony Hansen wrote:
I've been told that when faced with headers that have extra WSP (more
than one space or tab) between the : and the value, milter-based
implementations have a problem properly signing or verifying messages
with the simple header algorithm. The milter code itself strips out the
extra WSP *before* the siging/verifying code sees the header name and
value. At least one milter-based implementation handles this by making
the assumption that the headers always have a single space after the :.
Consequently, these implementations will fail when faced with such messages.

Tony --

This is what I get for being in a rush before a holiday. The actual
problem I found quite a while ago is that -- if I remember correctly --
the space between the header: and the value was either deleted or
changed to space. Specifically, foo:\tbar with simple would fail. I
just checked again with 8.13 and it seems to be giving it what it
actually saw in the smtp conversation, so maybe there's a version
difference here?

In any case, this is -- if still a problem at all -- milter related,
not spec related.

                Mike
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to http://dkim.org/ietf-list-rules.html