[ietf-dkim] Re: Concentrate on the threats doc

2006-03-10 23:57:10
Barry Leiba wrote:

Getting the terminology right is important

*_Very_* important.  It's also related to getting the figure
in the threats draft right.  We can't get away with less than
three stations (MON - mediator - MRN), without the "mediator"
case it's an over-simplification.

We can split "mediator" into MRN2 + MON2 with four stations:

MON1 -> (MRN2 + MON2) -> MRN3.  That covers all relevant
aspects, and the details need only be explained from the POV
of MRN2 and MON2.  MRN3 does essentially the same as MRN2,
and MON1 is a simple variant of MON2.

But the critical point is that MRN2 is _before_ MON2, and the
MRNx is coupled with the checking entity. while the signing
entity belongs to MONx.
                         Bye, Frank