Re: [ietf-dkim] 1193 considered harmful

2006-03-21 13:51:59
I stand corrected; hadn't considered the order things are being
presented to the hash algorithm.  Thanks for keeping me honest.

-Jim

Douglas Otis wrote:

On Mar 21, 2006, at 2:24 PM, Stephen Farrell wrote:

Jim Fenton wrote:
Just in the interest of accuracy...
Barry Leiba wrote:
Third, as was pointed out, a sender could hash a large body once and
send it multiple times, possibly saving a lot of time/effort.
This doesn't depend on the new hashing proposal.  A signer could do
this
under the current proposal.

Really? I thought the structure of allman-01 was to hash the
catenation of some-header-stuff, then the body then the
DKIM-signature stuff. In that case, the body hash is not useful,
at least with any standard hashing API.

That is correct.

base:
,----
| In all cases, the header fields of the message are presented to the
| signing algorithm first in the order indicated by the signature
| header field and canonicalized using the indicated algorithm.
'____

-Doug
NOTE WELL: This list operates according
tohttp://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html