Re: [ietf-dkim] 1193 considered harmful

2006-03-24 12:02:56
Arvel Hathcock wrote:
I believe this mailing list sends the same message (including the same
header fields) to everyone,

I don't understand because my copy has "TO:
arvel(_dot_)hathcock(_at_)altn(_dot_)com"
in the headers.  Why would the list send a message to you with my
address in the TO: header?  Doesn't your TO: header have your address
in it?
That happened because I did a "reply all" on your message, my MUA
populated the To: header field with your address and the CC: header
field with the list address.  Everybody got a message that said To:
arvel(_dot_)hathcock(_at_)altn(_dot_)com

Just to show that, I changed the To: address on this message to myself.
You should see that too.

-Jim