Re: [ietf-dkim] proposal: retain x=

2006-04-09 07:28:57
Fine. But I've still not seen a compelling argument for x= that cannot
be effectively achieved by revocation of the selector.

The same reason that you've tirelessly advocated that DK selectors
be backward compatible: that many sites only have a rather tenuous grip
on the manageability of their DNS entries for DKIM.

An interesting guess as to my motives, but no, that's not why I do
that advocating.

But I get you're answer. You're saying that x= is there solely because
some people will have trouble removing a key when it's compromised.

Mark.