Re: [ietf-dkim] Expiration Tag (x=) is required to minimizeDNSlookups.

2006-04-18 13:03:47
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Atkins" <steve(_at_)blighty(_dot_)com>

Simple, functional and deployed beats complex, over-designed and
theoretical.

Agree, but I also recognize the school of thought that simplicity promotes
complexity which promotes over-designed functionality when resolving
foreseeable but neglected deployment problems.  Sorry, but its my old
corporate trained "Getting it right the first time" mindset, that I am
quickly coming to terms doesn't work very well in the IETF WG arena. This
truncated response is an example of that realization. :-)

I don't believe we have a complex situation with the x=tag.  You have the
same time-shifted issues with it or without it, but in my view, even more
issues are introduced without it.

If you don't think so, see section 6.2 step 2.  Do you any rat-hole there?
:-)

Thanks