Re: [dkim-dev] Clarifications on draft-ietf-dkim-base-01

2006-04-18 14:57:15
Which is just the opposite of what I expected. I'm willing to change my
implementation to use this interpretation instead, but I think this
clarification by itself is reason enough to get a -02 out as quickly as
possible.

        Tony Hansen
        tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com

Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
Tony Hansen wrote:
This paragraph should be ignored completely.  It should have been
removed.
The signature in -00 was generated from "header CRLF body CRLF
dkim-signature". Now I expect it to be generated from "header CRLF
dkim-signature". That is, the "body CRLF" disappears, but not *both*
CRLFs.

Am I wrong?

My understanding after talking to Eric:

The body hash is of the body only; no extra CRLFs and no signature.

The header hash contains the headers to be signed (if signing) or the
headers replayed according to the "h=" tag value (if verifying),
followed by the signature being evaluated (if verifying) or generated
(if signing) minus the "b=" value.  Again, no extra CRLFs.