Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: dkim-base-01: Section 6.2 Get the Public Key

2006-04-29 12:13:27
Eric Allman wrote:
What I did for this was to add something to 6.1 reading "Verifiers MAY ignore the DKIM-Signature header field if it contains an "x=" tag and the signature has expired." I then added to the end of 6.1 "If there are no valid signatures remaining after this step, a verifier MUST NOT proceed to the next step."

If we are to keep the x= parameter, this change to the text strikes me as an extremely constructive navigation of the challenges to its use.
and lest my wording be confusing:  +1.

d/

--

Dave Crocker