Re: [ietf-dkim] Jabber meeting...

2006-05-18 10:53:31
On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 05:13:22PM +0100, Stephen Farrell allegedly wrote:

Folks,

We just had another pretty good jabber chat (IMO anyway). The

Sorry I couldn't make it but I read the log.

WRT versioning, can I suggest that the rule for incrementing V= is
when backward compatability is broken or when the new functionality
defaults to MUST semantics that are not defined in an earlier draft.

On a side note, I've often thought that pre-standard implementations
should identify who they are and what spec they are based on - merely
for diagnostic purposes.

Mark.