Re: [ietf-dkim] multiple query mechanisms, was Today's jabber

2006-05-19 12:55:05

On May 19, 2006, at 12:36 PM, Stephen Farrell wrote:

Yes. In particular, if different mechanisms have different types of
support for key revocation, then you can get different answers
about the signature. Does that count as a change to the interpretation
of the signature or not? Regardless, I doubt that we can insist on
exactly the same outcome regardless of mechanism.

Agreed. Caveat signing domain, the verifier makes the choice. The choice may be based upon best outcome and not order of listing.

-Doug