Re: [ietf-dkim] Base-02 signature process clarification requested

2006-06-07 06:11:34
You have to differentiate between a DKIM-Signature header that's being
created and/or verified, and a DKIM-Signature that was there previously
and has now been included in the list of headers that are part of the
message being signed and/or verified.

The b= nullification applies only to the DKIM-Signature being created
and/or verified. It does not apply to any other DKIM-Signature headers
that may be included as part of the message header.

When I read -base, this seemed clear enough to me.

        Tony Hansen
        tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com

Douglas Otis wrote:
On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 08:56 +0200, Eliot Lear wrote:
Doug wrote,
,---
|3.5 The DKIM-Signature header field

What is not clear is when a DKIM-Signature is included within the h=
parameter, for this instance of the header field is the b= tag also
treated as a null string?
How can it verify otherwise?

The signature being created or verified is not included within the h=
list (list of headers being signed.).