Re: [ietf-dkim] Underscore considerations

2006-06-09 07:37:36

Doug,

Your first paragraph below is impossible for me, and I bet, others,
to understand. If you're not clear you'll be ignored, most likely.
Sorry to call this out on the list, but this is far from being the
first time.

So: use fewer words!

Stephen.

Douglas Otis wrote:

The concern about conveying what is a validated email-address has little
to do with MX records using a wildcard.  This only relates to why did
this become a problem.  Allowing any subdomain within the i= parameter
is to accommodate a wildcard MX technique.  This is to reduce the burden
on the transmitter.  By requiring a key be referenced from the
email-address domain, this provides a means to validate the domain,
while also limiting the scope of the key.