Re: [ietf-dkim] auth header in Montreal agenda, other than base

2006-06-16 14:48:12

On Jun 16, 2006, at 2:33 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:

John R Levine wrote:
Well, it's not in our charter, but assuming that the -base discussion
doesn't take up the entire agenda it seems worthwhile socializing it
in a pre-re-charter kind of way. I'll note that Auth-res is pretty
intertwinned with SSP as well.

I hope we can get it un-twined.  The most likely use of the auth
header is so that an MTA can pass along the DKIM info to a MUA that is
one or two hops downstream for sorting.  That shouldn't need to have
anything to do with SSP.

+1

Agreed. A results header would be independent of DKIM. There may be some general considerations in a BCP paper about the impact of signing these types of headers.

-Doug