Re: [ietf-dkim] NEW ISSUE: NAKED CR & LF issues with bodycanonicalization

2006-07-17 01:17:59

----- Original Message -----
From: "John L" <johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com>

If you're wondering what qmail does, feel free to drop by www.qmail.org
and find out for yourself.

Sure thing!  I see it is very oddly and uncommonly very strict in its
non-support for SMTP LF feeds.  Odd, but I stand corrected by your original
statement.

This pages clearly describes its myth breaking excuse for STRICT RFC 2822
compliance:

http://homepages.tesco.net/J.deBoynePollard/FGA/qmail-myths-dispelled.html

Yet, ironically, I see it isn't so anal by allowing for the incorrect space
in the MAIL FROM command:

           MAIL FROM:sp<address>  <---- invalid format

I take it iecc.com is running qmail software?

helo metro
250-tom.iecc.com (netqmail 1.05+tls+ssl) NO UCE, NO UBE, C=US L=NY
250-This server is operated by I.E.C.C., Trumansburg NY USA.
250-We do not accept unsolicited bulk mail.
250- ------- snip: stuff removed ---
250 tom.iecc.com (netqmail 1.05)
mail from: <hsantos(_at_)isdg(_dot_)net>
250 ok

Such is life with hypocrisy. :-)

I don't blame it. Most systems support the incorrect format as well.  But
ther are some systems that reject this type of transactions.