Re: [ietf-dkim] Base-04 // ABNF cruft & errors

2006-07-22 10:54:11
Barry Leiba wrote:
All of these in Doug's latest note seem like reasonable changes.  Only
one thing:

The RFC2822 FWS ABNF definition carries some cruft.

obs-FWS         =       1*WSP *(CRLF 1*WSP)    ; obsolete RFC822 text
FWS             =       ([*WSP CRLF] 1*WSP) / obs-FWS

Is there a reason to permit multiple CRLFs? To obsolete support, the
definition should be removed after 5 years of being declared obsolete.

FWS should be redefined as Revised FWS such as:

R-FWS        =    ([*WSP CRLF] 1*WSP)    ; revised

I'd rather leave the FWS definition in RFC2822, rather than putting in
our own.  Is there a way to say something that means "FWS from RFC2822,
but NOT obs-FWS"?

No, you either get all or none.

I personally have no problem with pulling in the full definition of FWS
from 2822. As long as there are 822 producers out there, we should be
able to accept their headers.

        Tony Hansen
        tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com