Re: [ietf-dkim] A more fundamental SSP axiom

2006-08-01 22:47:19

John L wrote:
  SSP exists so that receivers can make better decisions about
  handling their incoming mail.
Corollary:
  Information not useful to receivers doesn't belong in SSP.

For this initial round of SSP, the wording of the Corollary probably needs to
be:

    Information that is not widely viewed by receivers as essential doesn't
    belong in SSP.

Hence, any suggestion to include something into SSP needs to say 1) how we know
that it is of immediate and substantial benefit to receivers, and 2) why we are
 certain that there is a broad base of receivers who believe they need it
(immediately.)

d/
--

  Dave Crocker