Re: [ietf-dkim] Are verifiers expected to query SSP on a successfulverify?

2006-08-02 11:23:10

Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
From: Stephen Farrell [mailto:stephen(_dot_)farrell(_at_)cs(_dot_)tcd(_dot_)ie]

Phill,

Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
> That does not allow for algorithm agility which I believe is either > an explicit security area requirement now or soon will be after the > SHA-1 issue is addressed.

Don't we already have alg. agility between signers and verifiers, via the h= and k= fields of the key record?

No.

There are two agility issues, first can you use the new algorithms.
> The key record can answer that one fine

That's why I thought we were agile enough already:-)

The second is which algorithms should I expect? The key record does
> not answer that as far as I can see and it is the wrong place to
> do that.

Why? Surely all that can happen is stripping of the stronger
sig and we already decided that that wasn't a bother for base,
so why is it a problem now? (Maybe I mis-remember but I think
we decided it was a non-problem, not that it was a problem
to punt to SSP.)

S.