[ietf-dkim] Re: Question regarding computing message hashes

2006-08-22 07:07:35
Paul Hoffman wrote:

I'm not quite sure, what "||" means. I assume it means
concatenation of the two strings. Is that right?

Yes. That is standard terminology in security documents.

It's also the string concatenation operator in REXX.  In a
security related memo I've seen { } (curly braces), but "||"
(or "+" if unambiguous) are IMO better to read.  Awk-style,
operands separated (only) by space(s), could confuse me, in
REXX that's the same as x || " " || y, and not just x || y.

It would be easiest if the document just said "|| indicates
string concatenation".

Frank