[ietf-dkim] Requirement #10 - List of possible hashing methods

2006-08-29 08:52:34
Phillip,

+1. Nicely Stated.

The DSAP draft does have this concept considered, but it see it as a "Nice
to Have" item.

In practice, we can sometimes underestimate what customers will want once
this is all in place.  That does not mean all customers, but what I feel
might end up being an significant amount (or important amount) that will
like to have more control in not only what they sign but probably equally
and more importantly, who they will be targeting.  The idea of blindly
signing mail with a "cross your fingers, hope its ok" security mindset is
odd to me as something my customers will want.

In practice, for us, when such "need or don't need" concepts come up,
customers nearly always say: "as long it is optional" and its not forced
down their throats, then if its easy to implement, then it should be
considered. I don't think this is an complex consideration.