Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: I-D ACTION: draft-ietf-dkim-overview-02.txt

2006-11-03 16:53:24
It's been a week.  Has anyone had time to look the document over, enough
to have any initial reactions?

I did, due to the magic of long plane trips.

It sure does have a lot of informative info, and still needs lots of
work.

My first question is who the target audience is.  The lengthy
discussions in sections 7, 8, and 9 leave me wondering whose questions
they're supposed to answer.

The discussion of mailing lists in 9.3 is just wrong.  (A
parenthetical comment correctly suggests it may be controversial.)
I'll send in some replacement language to clarify that in the usual
case that list owners take responsibility for managing their lists,
the list should sign the mail that passes through it, and in the
exotic case that the list does not take responsibility and recipients
want to evaluate list mail sender by sender rather than as list mail,
it may in some cases be possible to pass through the incoming
signatures.

In section 10, I do not think the first sentence means what you think
it means.

R's,
John