Don't ignore (was: Re: [ietf-dkim] test -- ignore)

2006-11-14 11:56:37
Folks,

OK. So I didn't understand how visible the effects of my experiment would be, or how much impact it would have on folks' filters, ability to reply to bounce messages, etc.

Those using the List-ID header field for filtering are notably affected.

Up until now, the domain name "dkim.org" has had limited utility. We (cisco and me and my ISP) recently made a change to give it full and direct support for access to the web pages.

I therefore, quite casually, modified one of the entries in the mailing list administration page, to use dkim.org rather than mipassoc.org. I did not realize how that string was used, and it switched things like List-ID and the bounce address.

On the theory that mipassoc.org is already embedded in folks's address books and that the effort to make both the mailing list configuration and everyone else's use of the domain name would be far more effort than useful, I have switched that mailing list field back to mipassoc.org.

So, dkim.org is what to use for the web page.

mipassoc.org is what to use for the mailing list.

Sorry for the (my) confusion.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker