[ietf-dkim] new issue: clarify i= vs. SSP

2006-11-29 14:48:12
Hi,

One of the things I noticed from recent discussions is that we need to
have clarity in SSP on what, exactly, qualifies as a valid signature for
"I sign everything". This guidance is not in dkim-base (purposefully),
but I believe that we had intended i= to provide that clarity. In any case,
we do need to provide the exact semantics in SSP of how a
receiver determines whether a DKIM signature satisfies the SSP
criteria or not.

I'm not sure whether this rises to a -ssp-req item or not -- I sort of
lean toward it just to make certain that it is tracked. Or if there's a
bunch of disagreement about what satisfies the SSP criteria, then
it most likely should be...

      Mike