Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: Role of Sender header as signing domain

2006-12-01 12:13:43
On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 15:04:00 -0000 "Charles Lindsey"
<chl(_at_)clerew(_dot_)man(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk>
wrote:

But users might not share you opinion of that. If the user's MUA has no
part to play in the matter, then the only options for his upstream is
"drop" or "not drop". Some users might be happy to devolve that
responsiblity to their upstreams. I would not, unless I had considered
their policy and agreed to go along with it (as I do actually; I have set
a Spamassassin score of 4+ which my provider devnulls for me; below that,
I inspect the mail myself).

I didn't say 'drop', I said 'reject'.

Dropping mail impacts the reliability of e-mail as there is no knowing if a
message was delivered or not.  Rejecting at the border MTA leaves
responsibility with the sending MTA.  Legitmate MTAs will let the
originator know.

Scott K