Re: [ietf-dkim] ISSUE: tag l=2 and dealing with leading blank lines for SIMPLE c14n.

2007-01-24 10:30:02
On Wednesday 24 January 2007 01:34, Jim Fenton wrote:

If the signer wants to make sure that messages are not subject to
"append attacks", they shouldn't use l=.  Use the default.

IIRC, every time someone brings up l= problems, the response is don't use it.
Is there a problem it solves that we need it?  If it's inherently risky and
should not be used, I'm wondering if it should even be in the RFC?

Scott K