[ietf-dkim] Policy

2007-02-21 13:43:45
I think that there is plenty on policy to keep us busy.

I see three (related) questions:

1) What is the range of policy statements that should be supported?
        PHB: [DKIM[=keyselector]? ] *
                (signing is all or nothing, multiple signatures may be
specified).
        Others: ?
                (does anyone argue for DKIM-Somethines as an actionable policy)

2) What syntax should be supported?
        PHB: Tag-value pairs, DKIM is a tag
                Other possible extension tags are for other protocols: SPF,
                PHISHED, DKIM-TEST, SMIME, PGP, etc.
        Others: ?
                (This answer depends on the andswer to 1, if you have a great
deal
                of expression in your policy language then a DKIM language
might
                be appropriate).

3) What should the discovery mechanism be?
        PHB: Finese the wildcard issue with a pointer record
                Reuse of PTR prefered but a new RR is acceptable
        Others: ?