Re: [ietf-dkim] New issue: Upward query vs. wildcard publication

2007-04-20 08:35:18
I just read both of these and I don't see how it contradicts anything
I've proposed. If the authority of a domain is a parent to the current
domain, it seems rather pointless to query all of the intermediate
labels in a treewalk. In this particular case, keeping query complexity
down is a lot more important than lots and lots and lots of unneeded
flexibility.

You want user-visible information to be based on zone boundaries, although zone boundaries are not defined as a user-visible construct.

The real-world functional problems with this have already been explained, by others.

What I am trying to make clear is that the fact that some packages might give access to this information, it is nonetheless inappropriate for a user-visible function to be based on access to zone boundary information.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking