Re: [ietf-dkim] Fluffy DKIM questions

2007-05-15 13:26:37
Steve,

Please take a look at <http://dkim.org/info/dkim-faq.html> and then re-send your note with the questions that it doesn't answer. At the least, this will give me some input about the faq's utility.

d/

Steve Atkins wrote:
As a distraction from the deeply technical stuff, I have
some PR / deployment related questions. I'm looking
for answers that are suitable for a user intending to
deploy, rather than a developer intending to implement.
I'm also talking solely about dkim-base, not about any
of the bags on the side.

1. Does anyone have an overview of the benefits and
    drawbacks to DK and DKIM in general?

2. How about the differences between DK and DKIM?

3. Is a valid DK signature a valid DKIM signature?

3b. If the general answer to that is "no", are some subsets
    of DK signatures also valid DKIM signatures?

4. What are the Intellectual Property implications of
    deploying DKIM? (The Yahoo DK license agreement
    has scared off a number of people from implementing
    or using it).

I think I know the answers to some of these, but I
thought I'd throw them out here anyway.

Cheers,
  Steve

  Dave Crocker